Firmin Lodge is nestled amidst trees and parkland
on the banks of the picturesque Tarawera River.
Re-opened in 2016, following a one-million-dollar upgrade, this ultramodern and comfortable lodge provides affordable group accommodation. The 60-bed facility, with commercial kitchen, can sleep 60 people across ten bunkrooms and is an ideal base for school camps, film crews, workshops, wananga, conferences, weddings, and sporting, church or hobby events. Firmin Lodge can set 130 for meals and 196 for indoor events and conferences.
Stay at Firmin Lodge ...
Events - Weddings, sporting events and boutique conferences.
River - Grade two and three white water on your doorstep.
Trails - Gateway to the Tarawera Lake, Putauaki and Falls trails.
Clubs and Groups - For sports, church, hobby and wellness events.
International Groups and Student Travel - And explore Rotorua, Tauranga and Whakatane.
Firmin Lodge Facility Description
One-million-dollar refurbishment includes the following:
• 60 beds across ten large bunk rooms
• Conference/event space for 196
• Seated dining for 130 people
• Disability shower and toilet
• Eight gas-heated showers
• Full commercial kitchen
• Heat pump/air conditioning
• Laundry facilities (free)
• Spacious lounge and dining area.
• 12 external power points for motorhome
• Ample secure free parking
• An enormous grassed reserve for outdoor play
• Lockable shipping containers for bikes and kayak storage
• The Tarawera River, right on your doorstep
• Video security system and lighting.